- The Post-Doctoral funding is granted for a period of two years.
- To apply for these fellowships, institutions must be registered with the AXA Research Fund. The AXA Research Fund does not accept unsolicited applications from individual applicants.
- Please note that although a given candidate may be presented twice by the same institution, they cannot submit the same proposal twice.
- Applications must be submitted by the research institution to which the candidate’s host laboratory belongs, and where the post-doctoral work is to be carried out.
- In 2013, only one call for applicants will be made to accommodate differences in the academic calendar.
1. First Round Application: The Institution Representative fills in the form about the fields the institution wants to propose candidates in and why, on the AXA Research Fund’s application website.
Opening: January 17th, 2013 ; Closing: February 7th, 2013 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
2. Second Round Application:
a. Pre-selection of candidates by the institution: The Institution Representative submits the names and emails of the pre-selected candidates on the AXA Research Fund’s application website.
Opening: February 14th, 2013; Closing: March 21st, 2013 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
b. The candidates receive an email from the AXA Research Fund, providing them with an access and a password to fill in their on-line application, on the AXA Research Fund’s application website.
They are allowed to fill in their application as soon as their institution has submitted it.
Closing: April 18th, 2013 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
3. Review of applications
- Review by international referees
- Final selection by the Scientific Board of the AXA Research Fund
4. Selection criteria:
- Academic excellence of the candidate
- Innovative approach and originality of the project
- Feasibility of the project (management, organization, budget)
- International reach of the host laboratory
- International mobility high value is placed on candidates who have spent, since their Master’s Thesis, a minimum of 1 semester abroad dedicated to field work, academic studies, research or/and to conferences, or plan to spend a minimum of 1 semester abroad during the course of their Postdoc studies.
- No more than 5 years between PhD defense and start of PostDoc project (valued but not required) - Ability to transmit his/her work and popularize his/her research. While not eliminatory, this criterion may differentiate between two equally qualified applications.
5. Communication of results:
- The Fund announces the projects selected for funding on the publication of results page on July 26th, 2013.
- The Fund contacts the selected applicants and the operational contact to start the contracting process with the institution