CALL FOR APPLICATION WEBSITE
Each year, the AXA Research Fund offers twenty-five (25) Post-Doctoral Fellowships to outstanding researchers. Each grant amounts to a maximum of one hundred and thirty thousand euros (€130,000) for a duration of twenty-four (24) months.
To apply for these fellowships, host institutions must be registered in the AXA Research Fund’s database and located within the geographical scope (reviewed on a yearly basis) as stated in the below table.
Member states of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine
Central and Latin America
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico
Africa and middle East
Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Egypt, Gabon, Israel, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Saudia Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
Australia, China, Honk Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- The AXA Research Fund does not place restrictions on the nationality of the Junior Research Fellow.
- Institutions selected are then invited to put forward nominees: it is their responsibility to identify and submit the names of the best possible candidates to participate in the Post-Doctoral Fellowships campaign.
- The AXA Research Fund does not accept unsolicited applications from individual applicants.
- Please note that although a given candidate may be presented twice by the same institution, they cannot submit the same proposal twice.
- The AXA Research Fund Scientific Board composed of international renowned academic and business experts oversees the applicant selection process. It validates the eligibility and selection criteria as well as the tools used to process the call for applications.
- AXA Research Fund partners with the European Science Foundation (ESF) to carry out the evaluation process. ESF is an established, independent and non-governmental organization dedicated to support science operation. ESF operates the review relying on the criteria defined by the AXA Research Fund. To know more about the European Science Foundation: http://www.esf.org/
- The AXA Research Fund has signed the Charter for European Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers and thereby is particularly attentive to Institutions demonstrating their commitment to an attractive, supportive and stimulating environment in which to carry out research and recognizing the importance of providing its researchers with the training and means to be internationally and inter-sectorally competitive and mobile.
Institution are invited to submit their requests for application slots from October 12, 2015 (noon Paris time) with AXA Scientific Board's decision on funded candidates to be released on June 8, 2016. The following table provides key dates for institution and candidates:
Slot's allocation : Oct. 12 to Nov. 123, 2015
Slots announcements : Nov. 18, 2015
Name dropping : Nov. 18 to Dec. 7, 2015
Light proposal submission : Nov. 18 to Dec. 14, 2015
Short-list announcement : Feb 23, 2016
Full proposal submission : Feb. 23 to Mar. 21, 2016
Public engagenement interview : Mar. 22 to May. 11, 2016
Rebuttal : Apr. 23 to Apr 29, 2016
Results announcements : June 8, 2016